- to provide young adults with the tools to deal with and control emotions that manifest as eco- or climate anxiety and build their resilience.
- to strengthen and develop Nordic cooperation in Adult education to incorporate knowledge of climate distress in their daily work
- to create and implement innovative digital training materials in adult learning, attract more
adult learners, promote lifelong learning and disseminate it in local networks.
- to better understand feelings, thoughts, and impacts associated with climate change among young adults (aged 20-35) in Lithuania, Finland, and Latvia.
- to raise public awareness, provoke dialogue and foster recognition among those who
experience climate distress but might be unaware of its cause or ways to deal with them.
- to promote the recognition of eco- or climate anxiety as a societal phenomenon.
The project consists of three main stages: understanding (WP1), supporting (WP2, WP3), and raising awareness (dissemination). WP1 involves conducting a state-of-the-art analysis with based on a survey of young adults in Lithuania, Latvia, and Finland. WP2 involves developing a digital toolkit called UP-FEEL, which will provide theoretical knowledge on climate and eco-anxiety and practical techniques to deal with it. WP3 involves the development of UP-FEEL podcasts, which aim to engage young adults and raise awareness about climate distress. The main outcomes include a joint state-of-the-art report, a UP-FEEL practical toolkit, and a series of six UP-FEEL podcasts, all of which will be available in English, Lithuanian, Latvian, and Finnish.
Organisation’s mission is to bring the world of art and the world of science together in order to create a prosperous and sustainable synergy of innovation, creativity, and mass entrepreneurship.
Ecological Future Education (Partner)
Ecological Future Education or EFE has been created with the aim to promote a sustainable development mindset in the everyday life. Sustainable education including active citizenship is one of EFE's main activities. Raising awareness through education by providing open lectures and informational materials to easier understand environmental and sustainable development issues.
Cyclo Project Ry (Partner)
Cyclo Project ry is an NGO based in Tampere, Finland. The aim of the organisation is to pursue the idea of sustainable co-creation development through various projects in European countries, engaging young people and whole communities. The local activities include co-creation with citizens, industries, academies, public and private organizations and municipalities.